[ Home ] [ Up ] [ Jimmy Toy Special Midge ] [ Krumm's Baetis Nymph ] [ The Ray Charles ] [ Black Caddis Emerger ] [ Hints from Davy Wotton ] [ Bead Head Zebra Midge ] [ Ginger Scud ] [ Bugs Midge Pupa ] [ Silver Tung Baetis Nymph ] [ Baetis Cripple ] [ The Gremmie Surf Fly ] [ Spruce-a-bou ] [ Foam Top Emerger ] [ Tying Meeting ]|
Silver Tung Baetis Nymph
Hook - Tiemco 2457 scud or other heavy wire scud #16
Thread - brown
Tail - rust antron
Abdomen - thread
Rib - silver wire
Thorax - muskrat dubbing
- Place silver tungsten bead on hook and wrap thread to hold in place.
- Tie in antron for trailing shuck and silver thread.
- Wrap tapered thread body.
- Wrap silver wire forward to bead and tie off.
- Dub collar of natural gray muskrat with guard hairs.
- Tie off.
Alt Tying: Try black, olive, red bodies.
Comments : We fished as a suspender under large dry such as hopper,
cicada, etc, but try deep nymphing too in any water where baetis are present. Tungsten
helps get the fly down in faster water.
Pattern by: Kevin at Trout Creek Flies